Pakistan urging the community in the world to try and end ‘persistent clampdown’ in Kashmir

Pakistan urging the community in the world to try and end ‘persistent clampdown’ in Kashmir

On Thursday, Foreign Minister from Pakistan urged the community around the world to try and put an end to a “persistent clampdown” that the government from India in Kashmir imposed.

Following the decision of India on the 5th of August, Pakistan worked to downgrade ties with New Delhi, aside from expelling the Indian High Commissioner. 

In the Minister’s message on UN Day, he said that the world body has been playing an active part in the severe struggle against colonialism apart from actively enhancing the fundamental rights for humans.

“The right of people to self-determination is at this quest’s heart. That said, such a global value has been trampled upon in Kashmir and Jammu,” he said.

He continued, the situation is being “exacerbated further by the persistently imposed clampdown” by the government from India in the region following the 5th of August.

“Since we are celebrating the UN Day, I would love to call on the global community, and particularly the Security Council, to try and end” the Kashmir crisis, according to the Minister.

After Article 370 abrogation, the government led by BJP imposed a couple of restrictions, inclusive of an Internet and mobile phone ban, in Kashmir and Jammu for the order and law maintenance. They have been gradually lifted.

On Thursday, the Kashmir and Jammu administration said that no restrictions are available in 99% or so of the areas. Also, the situation is being daily reviewed.

The apex court heard many petitions challenging the imposed restrictions in the region after the scrapping of the special status.

The Minister said that multilateral cooperation is still a foreign policy’s cornerstone.

“Our long-term collaboration with the UN is manifested, for example, by our dedicated contribution to its peacekeeping… more than 200,000 of the Blue Helmets served in many global Missions,”

North Korea retaliated “war rehearsal”

North Korea retaliated “war rehearsal”

North Korea launched a missile test, making it more difficult for the sanctions to be eased or removed, but the sanctions could implicate China.

On the morning of July 25, North Korea launched into the sea of ​​Japan two “strange objects”. Before falling into the sea, the first object flew more than 430 km while the second object flew a little further. Subsequently, the Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) cited an analysis of South Korean and American intelligence officials saying the second object the North launched was 690 km and considered “kind.” new missiles “have never appeared.

In a statement cited by CNN news agency, Vipin Narang, Associate Professor of Political Science at MIT, said that the test of the 25/7 bright rocket “was not more provocative than before” compared to the cases. Similar tests that Pyongyang conducted in May last. However, this action is clearly still “tit-for-tat”.

On July 16, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a meeting last June, US President Donald Trump confirmed to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un that he would postpone the joint exercise. But three days later, the US State Department announced that the US and South Korea would conduct joint exercises as planned next month.

For Pyongyang, this is clearly a violation of the two leaders’ agreement. Last week, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Korea announced that it would call joint exercises between the US and South Korea as “war drills,” and warned Pyongyang to reconsider its decision to stop testing nuclear weapons. and intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) if the US-Korean exercise is conducted.

Another noteworthy sign is that Pyongyang recently showed a picture of Mr. Kim checking a submarine. So, according to Joel Wit, a senior member of Stimson Center and Director of Site 38 North, a tracking website about North Korea, the test of the 25/7 bright rocket is probably not the last move. The same will be done by Pyongyang. North Korea will also take actions to show that they are strong, strong people and will not yield to anyone.

The US and NATO responded to the Russian mission to hand over S-400 to Turkey

The US and NATO responded to the Russian mission to hand over S-400 to Turkey

The US officials and NATO officials on July 12 spoke about Russian aircraft carrying S-400 air defense systems to Turkey.

“As the President (Donald Trump) said at the G20 Summit before the meeting (Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip) Erdogan. It is certainly a problem” – US officials confirmed but did not comment.

A NATO official also told CNN on July 12 that they were concerned about the potential consequences after Turkey decided to buy Russia’s S-400. “The interoperability of NATO armed forces is the foundation for this military alliance to carry out its activities and duties” – NATO officials said.

According to the Turkish Ministry of Defense, the first group of S-400 equipment was transported by Russian aircraft to Murted air base on July 12.

Another aircraft is scheduled to ship the second S-400 equipment group to Turkey in the near future, according to TASS. The third shipment will include “120 types of air defense missiles, shipping by the end of summer”.

TASS also cited sources to reveal that Turkish S-400 operators will go to Russia to attend training courses in July and August. About 20 Turkish military personnel went through training in a Russian center in May and June, according to sources.

On July 12, US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper announced he would call his Turkish counterpart Hulusi Akar to discuss the S-400 handover. CNN said it is likely that the US will ban Turkey from participating in the F-35 fighter program.

During a visit to NATO headquarters in Belgium late last month, the Esper announced: “If Turkey receives the S-400, they will not have an F-35. Very simple.”

In addition, the United States is expected to consider punishing Turkey for the move under the US Competitor Punishment Act (CAATSA) aimed at countries buying military equipment from companies black list. If this happens, sanctions can seriously hurt Turkey’s economy.

Will Mr. Trump send a message to Korea when visiting the demilitarized zone?

Will Mr. Trump send a message to Korea when visiting the demilitarized zone?

South Korean Prime Minister Lee Nak-yon said US President Donald Trump is expected to send some messages to North Korea during his visit to the demilitarized zone later this week.

CNN: Mr. Kim Jong-un is very helpful when sending a letter to President Donald Trump at this time.

South Korean Prime Minister Lee Nak-yon today, June 27, said US President Donald Trump may send some notable messages to North Korea during his visit to the demilitarized zone (DMZ) later this week.

According to Mr. Lee, the Korean government believes that Pyongyang needs to make significant progress in the process of non-nuclearization so that the international community can relax sanctions.

Korea warned the US that the time for dialogue was running out

On Sunday, June 30, South Korean President Moon Jae-in will attend the 8th summit with US President Trump in Seoul. The conference took place amid stalled negotiations between the US and North Korea.

Many sources said Mr. Trump will visit the DMZ area after the meeting. President Trump’s visit to the DMZ will mark the first time in Korean and American leaders’ history to visit the demilitarized zone.

President Trump and North Korean President Kim Jong-un recently stepped up personal correspondence, prompting many to hope that Washington and Pyongyang will resume talks after the summit in February. Vietnam.

However, the information Mr. Trump plans to meet with Kim at the DMZ was quickly rejected. “There is no plan to host a trilateral summit between the US and South Korea – Korea as part of Mr Trump’s visit,” said Ko Min-jung, spokesman Cheong Wa Dae.

A Trump administration official also confirmed Mr Trump had no plans to meet President Kim during his visit to Korea.

Earlier, during a visit to Korea in 2017, US President Trump wanted to visit the DMZ, but was forced to cancel the last minute plan because of weather conditions.

Pakistan: Two general officers were sentenced for spying

army

The Pakistani military on May 30 announced a joint sentence of retired lieutenant general Javed Igbal for spying, and ordered the execution of a Brigadier and another officer.

The Pakistani military on May 30 announced a joint sentence of retired lieutenant general Javed Igbal for spying, and ordered the execution of a standard minister and another officer with the same charge.

According to Reuters news agency, the verdict was announced after a closed trial for the military officers. According to the indictment, three defendants were accused of spying and leaking out sensitive information, damaging national security.

The Pakistani army has its own rules and trial courts. Crime military officers are usually tried in private hearings and judgments made by the court against them, if reviewed, must also comply with the rules of the law system and military courts.

Pakistan on June 16 appointed Lieutenant General Faiz Hameed, a hard-line perspective to be the new Director of the Military Intelligence Agency (ISI), replacing Lieutenant General Asim Munir, who only held this position 8 month, now transferred to commander of Gujranwala Corps.

The information was published by the Pakistani military press, but did not give an explanation for the move. Mr. Hameed was one of the figures who arranged the Faizabad deal in late 2017, when protesters blocked the roads into the capital, Islamabad, which further escalated the tension between civilian and military. in this country. The analysts assessed that General Hameed is a highly influential figure in ISI and with his appointment, the military retains a tough stance and will tend to use more force.

The military is said to be the most influential force in Pakistan, as the military has ruled in this South Asian country for almost half of the time since independence from Britain more than 70 years ago, while enjoying the same far-reaching power even under civil authorities.

India tested a 500 kg guided bomb, responding to Pakistan firing missiles

pakistan news

The Indian Air Force announced that it had successfully tested an accurate guided bomb with a mass of 500 kg, shortly after Pakistan fired a ballistic missile.

While Indian and Pakistani diplomats tried to be friendly, the two sides’ troops tested the powerful weapons in turn. On May 24, the Indian Air Force announced that it had successfully tested a smart glide bomb, able to adjust flight paths during a free fall. New bombs weighing 500 kg. It has a mechanism similar to the US JDAM smart bomb.

“The guided bomb has reached the desired range and hit the target with high accuracy. All the tasks set out are met” – RT quoted a press release from the Indian Weapons Research and Development Agency (DRDO).

The smart guided bomb test took place two days after the test of the BrahMos cruise missile, one of the world’s fastest anti-ship missiles with a range of more than 300 km.

Between two tests of Indian weapons, Pakistan also displayed its military strength with the successful test of the Shaheen II medium-range ballistic missiles. The missile may carry a conventional or nuclear warhead with a range of more than 1,500 km.

One noteworthy detail is that the tested weapons of India and Pakistan can carry nuclear warheads, the weapons of mass destruction that the two countries possess. Tests took place in the context of India’s vote counting.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his party will most likely win. Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan sent congratulations. He wrote on Twitter that he hoped Modi would work with him for peace, progress and prosperity in South Asia.

Pakistan will launch an anti-terrorism campaign, Former Pakistani Prime Minister N.Sharif was sentenced to 7 years in prison for corruption

Pakistan will launch an anti-terrorism campaign, Former Pakistani Prime Minister N.Sharif was sentenced to 7 years in prison for corruption

Pakistan will launch an anti-terrorism campaign in March 2019

According to Xinhua, the Pakistani government announced on December 26 that it will launch a campaign to fight terrorism and destroy terrorism targets nationally from March 2019.

Pakistani state secretary Shehryar Khan Afridi told the media that the government has decided to launch the National Action Plan, a comprehensive action plan to punish terrorists and support Counter-terrorism.

The announcement came after the assassination attempt was carried out on former senator and senior politician Syed Ali Raza Abidi, who was killed after being shot by an unknown terrorist in his house in Karachi. This is the fourth terrorist attack in Karachi within a month, raising serious concerns about the country’s anti-terrorism problems.

The Secretary of State said the government will also restore the National Terrorism Prevention Agency (NACTA), a national agency established to gather information dissemination and coordination among all relating institutions aimed at fighting terrorism and extremism.

Shehryar Khan Afridi said: “We will try to eliminate this type of issue from the country by joint efforts of all relevant institutions, including provinces and central government, and Those who want to destabilize the country will soon be identified “.

An anti-corruption court in Pakistan on 24 December sentenced former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to 7 years in prison for corruption charges.


According to the indictment, Mr. Sharif failed to prove the source of income to own a steel factory in Saudi Arabia.

Earlier, July 6, the same court sentenced him to 10 years in prison for corruption charges related to the purchase of luxury apartments in London. However, on September 19, the Supreme Court of Pakistan decided to postpone the execution of the sentence in July and allowed Mr Sharif to pay bail until a final decision was made.

Nawaz Sharif was deposed by the Pakistan Supreme Court in July 2017 with allegations of corruption, becoming Pakistan’s 15th prime minister “off the road”. The Supreme Court of Pakistan then banned a permanent ban on his election. Mr Sharif said the allegations were politically motivated.