Reportedly, Shehbaz Sharif can probably be held in court’s contempt if Nawaz Sharif fails to return to the nation, said Farogh Naseem – Federal Law Minister, on Tuesday.
The minister of law held the press conference once he was asked regarding the verdict of LHC (Lahore High Court), where the government was directed to get rid of the name of Nawaz from the ECL.
“They failed to accept the bond of indemnity, but they acknowledged the undertaking,” he said.
Responding to a question, Naseem told that the LHC had issued the interim order associated with Nawaz’s name’s removal from the ECL.
According to Farogh, “the court has said no to appeals against the interim orders.” Shehbaz can be held in the court’s contempt if Nawaz did not come back to the nation as he had promised.
Nawaz comes abroad for treatment
Reportedly, the former prime minister has left for the UK on Tuesday through an air ambulance that arrived at about 8:30 am from Lahore Airport. It has Qatar as the first destination. Then, it will continue the journey to London.
There are seven people with Nawaz. There include Shehbaz – his brother and Dr. Adnan – his physician.
Earlier, while sharing with a morning show in “Geo Pakistan”, Marriyum Aurangzeb – PML-N spokesperson told that doctors had conducted the medical test in the morning.
“His treatment might have begun now if he had left half a month earlier. People will take him to America as well,” the spokesperson said,
Verdict of LHC
Last week the LHC directed the government to eliminate the name of Nawaz Sharif from the ECL (Exit Control List) without any conditions for four weeks.
Earlier, this LHC has called the admissible plea in terms of getting rid of the name of Sharif – the former premier from the ECL.